Whats happening at Folk at the Salmon Bothy?
- Friday 16th December – Open mic Xmas Special, hosted by Mic HO HO HO ! Blackburn. 1930 in Salmon Bothy. Bring a seasonal song, tune, story, or simply come along and relax and enjoy the performances. Joan and Paul in charge of the ‘falling down’ refreshments and nibbles. Donations to local food bank can be left in box at foot of stair. We will ensure goods are delivered to local distribution point.
- Sunday 1st January 2023. Survived Hogmanay, then come along to very informal New Years Day Session. Portsoy Bowling Club. 2000 start. Entry free, but bring a raffle prize and some nibbles to share.
Saturday 28th January. Banffshire Ceilidh. Banff RFC/ Cornhill Games , Burns Ceilidh Dance. Banff Bowling Club. Euan McIlwraith to address haggis and dancing to Dark Island Ceilidh Band. Tickets £25. Booking essential.
- Saturday 18th February. Bothy Ballads and Burns Night . Portsoy Bowling Club. Hosted by The Lennox Family, with Doug Hay and Bill Gray. 3 course meal and a dram. £25. Booking essential.
- Sat 25th March. Tommy Sands in Concert at Bothy. £12. A most gifted songwriter…with an ability to write on serious subjects which come across as songs rather than sermons…also well able to be extremely funny in the way he puts words together. . . Irish Times
- 13th HAAL – 2nd, 3rd, 4th June 2023. A weekend of concerts, sing arounds, tunes, sessions, story telling, competitions and tributes to Jimmy McBeath and Davy Steele. Featuring – The Sands Family, Karine Polwart, Sileas, Danny Couper, Aaron Clark, The Spiers Family, Scott Gardiner, Natalie Chalmers, Beth Malcom, Jamie Steele, Doug Hay, Bill Gray and many many more. Weekend tickets available. Camping, B & B, Hostel and AirBnB all available.
3rd Friday each month – Open Mic. At the Salmon Bothy.
Information and Tickets from email@example.com, Www.bothyfolk.org or FB.